The biggest hurdle they faced was that the teacher insisted on NO baby talk!
“You need to use ‘Big People’ words,” she was always reminding them. “John what did you do over the weekend?”
“I went to visit my Nana.”
“No, you went to visit your GRANDMOTHER. Use ‘Big People’ words!” She then asked Mitchell what he had done.
“I took a ride on a choo-choo.”
“No, you took a ride on a TRAIN. You must remember to use ‘Big People’ words,” she said.
She then asked little Johnny what he had done.
“I read a book,” he replied.
“That’s WONDERFUL!” the teacher said. “What book did you read?”
Little Johnny thought very hard about it, then puffed out his chest with great pride and said, “Winnie the $HIT.”
“Silly Sunday” is a fun blog hop hosted by Sandee at Comedy Plus each week and you can click the link to be transported there. Here is how it works:
- Blog about something funny, silly or laughable – a joke, comic, funny story, etc.
- To add your funny blog post in the hop, enter your name and your post’s URL in the Silly Sunday Linky that’s shown below.
- To add the Linky to your joke post showing all the Silly Sunday joke entries for the week, visit Comedy Plus and grab the code that must be inserted in your text editor. You’ll find it at the top of Sandee’s blog under the heading: Silly Sunday Code. The code changes each week. Simply copy and paste the code for the current week in your text editor where you’d like the joke list linky to appear; hit publish and shaazam it appears.
- Hop around (from blog to blog) and enjoy the jokes, etc. posted by other Silly Sunday participants and have a lot of fun and laughs today!
- Oh yeah, and don’t forget to comment on the jokes that make you smile or tear up with laughter … because your comment will do the same for the blogger who included and posted the joke.
Here are the jokes included in this week’s Silly Sunday: